On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sharing, then select Internet Sharing in the service list. Click the “Share your connection from” pop-up menu, then choose the internet connection you want to share. For example, if you’re connected to the internet over Ethernet, choose Ethernet.
Why can’t I share my Wi-Fi with my Mac?
Make sure both devices have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, or macOS High Sierra or later. On both devices, turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. If either device has Personal Hotspot on, turn it off. Sign into iCloud with your Apple ID.
How do I turn on Wi-Fi sharing?
Swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Hotspot . If you don’t find Hotspot , at the bottom left, tap Edit and drag Hotspot into your Quick Settings.
Turn on your hotspot
- On the other device, open that device’s list of Wi-Fi options.
- Pick your phone’s hotspot name.
- Enter your phone’s hotspot password.
- Click Connect.
How do I turn on Wi-Fi sharing password on Mac?
Share a Wi-Fi password on Mac
- Make sure your Mac is unlocked, connected to the Wi-Fi network, and signed in to your Apple ID.
- Make sure the other person’s Apple ID is in your Contacts app.
- Move the other person’s device close to your Mac.
- On the other person’s device, choose the Wi-Fi network.
How do I turn my Macbook into a hotspot?
Set up Personal Hotspot
- Go to Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot or Settings > Personal Hotspot.
- Tap the slider next to Allow Others to Join.
What is Internet Sharing on Mac?
Macs have a feature called “Internet Sharing” which lets a computer share its network connection with other devices nearby. This can be useful in the home but it causes havoc on the Informatics network, so has to be disabled.
How do I connect my Mac to my iPhone WiFi?
How to share Wi-Fi from Mac to iPhone
- Open System Preferences and select Sharing. …
- Click on Sharing.
- Now click on the box beside Internet Sharing.
- Beside ‘Share your connection from:’ choose Ethernet.
- Below that, beside ‘To computers using:’ choose Wi-Fi.
How can I share my WiFi without password?
As for now, it’s available on all phones running Android 10, followed by Samsung devices running OneUI. If you’ve got one, go to the WiFi settings, tap the WiFi network you’re connected to and click the Share button. It’ll then show you the QR code to be scanned to share the internet with other people.
How can I share WiFi from my phone without password?
On your Android go to Setting > Network and Internet > WiFi. Scroll down and look for WiFi preference option and tap on Advance, there you’ll find “WiFi Push Button” tap on that. Now go to your WiFi router, and press the WPS button (generally located on the back side).
Can I share WiFi from iPhone to PC?
How to Share Your Internet Connection from an iPhone or iPad with a USB Cable. Sharing via USB is perhaps the easiest. Turn on the Personal Hotspot feature, then connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer with its USB cable and the computer should automatically connect to the internet.
How do I share my WiFi password between my iPhone and Mac?
Ready to share your WiFi password to your iPhone?
- On the other person’s device (iPhone) or the device that you want to connect, select the WiFi network .
- Then on your device (Mac), tap the option to Share Password when prompted with the confirmation message.
- Finally, tap Done.
How do I get my iPhone to show my WiFi password?
To find your WiFi password on an iPhone, go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud and turn Keychain on. On your Mac, go to System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud and turn Keychain on. Finally, open Keychain Access, search for your WiFi network’sname, and check the box next to Show Password.
How do you find the password for your WiFi?
How to Check WiFi Password on Android Mobile Phones
- Go to the Settings app and head towards Wi-Fi.
- You will see all the saved WiFi networks. …
- There you will see an option of QR Code or Tap to Share Password.
- You can take a screenshot of the QR Code. …
- Open the QR scanner app and scan the generated QR Code.