You can use Home Sharing to import items from up to five iTunes libraries on other computers. … Any time you download an item from Apple Music or the iTunes Store to a computer in your Home Sharing network, you can have the item automatically downloaded to the other computers in the network as well.
Can you download songs from home sharing?
Answer: A: Answer: A: You don’t. Home Sharing just allows you to share music from your computer’s iTunes Library to your devices while on the same Wifi network.
Is home sharing the same as family sharing?
Home Sharing allows you to share your iTunes Library from a computer(Mac or Pc) with other devices on the same wifi/wired network for media playback. Music, Videos etc… It does not share Apps. Family Sharing allows iTunes purchases to be shared with other members of the family group.
How do you set up Home Sharing?
Here are the steps for setting up Home Sharing when you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network:
- On your computer, open iTunes.
- Click the File menu and choose Turn On Home Sharing. …
- Enter your Apple ID and password and then click Create Home Share. …
- Click Done.
- On your iPad, tap Settings and then tap Music.
How do I share my iTunes library with my family?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing.
- Tap your name.
- Confirm or change the Apple ID that you want to use to share content.
- Tap Back in the upper-left corner to go back to Family Sharing.
- Tap Purchase Sharing and make sure that Share Purchases with Family is turned on.
How do I transfer music from home sharing to my library?
Import items from other libraries using Home Sharing
- Choose a computer on your Home Sharing network from the Library pop-up menu. …
- Choose a category (Music, for example).
- In the Show menu at the bottom of the iTunes window, choose “Items not in my library.”
- Select the items you want to import, and click Import.
How do I download music from home sharing to my iPhone?
Share music with Home Sharing
- On the iPhone with the music, tap Settings > Music.
- Scroll down to find Home Sharing.
- It may already show your Apple ID, in which you’re already signed in. …
- Repeat this process on the iPhone you want to listen to music on. …
- Open the Music app on the iPhone you want to listen to music on.
How do I transfer music from home sharing to my iPhone?
Use Home Sharing on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- To see a music library, go to Settings > Music. To see a video library, go to Settings > TV > iTunes Videos.
- Under Home Sharing, tap Sign In.
- Sign in with your Apple ID. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.
Why can’t I see Home Sharing on my iPhone?
If you use Home Sharing and don’t see shared iTunes libraries on your Mac, iOS device, or Apple TV, follow these steps. Check that you’ve turned on Home Sharing. Make sure that the computer you want to share or stream content from is on and awake, and that iTunes is open. If iTunes is already open, quit and reopen it.
Can you use Home Sharing with different Apple IDs?
If you have multiple Apple IDs in the iTunes Store and the App Store, you can invite each of your accounts to the group, so you can share purchases from your other Apple IDs with your family.
Why can’t I turn on Home Sharing on my iPhone?
Make sure Home Sharing is enabled on your devices
iPhone or iPad: Go to Settings → Music or Settings → Videos and turn on the Home Sharing toggle switch. Apple TV (4th Gen): Go to Settings → Accounts → Home Sharing and turn on Home Sharing.
How do I turn on nearby sharing on my iPhone?
Use AirDrop on iPhone to send items to nearby devices
- Open the item, then tap , Share, AirDrop, , or another button that displays the app’s sharing options.
- Tap. in the row of share options, then tap the profile picture of a nearby AirDrop user.
Can I share music from iTunes?
In the iTunes app on your PC, choose Edit > Preferences, then click Sharing. Select “Share my library on my local network.” Select the items you want to share. To require users to enter a password before they can see your shared items, select “Require password,” and enter a password.
How much is iTunes a month?
Start your free trial.
Apple Music is available in iTunes, and for iOS and Android devices. $4.99/mo.