You will have to change the privacy of your posts to make them shareable. Posts set to public can be shared by everyone.
How do I share someone else’s post on Facebook?
To share a post you see on your News Feed:
- Below a post, click Share in the bottom right.
- Select where you want to share the post. Depending on the post’s privacy settings, you may see the following options: Share Now. The post will be shared to your News Feed and timeline with your current privacy settings. Share…
Why is there no share button on some Facebook posts?
If no ‘Share’ button appears on a post – it is because of the Privacy Settings of the original post. If a post is set for ‘Friends Only’ (perhaps this is your Default Timeline setting) – it will not be available for ‘Sharing’ around on Facebook beyond that setting.
Why is my post not shareable?
Sharing Posts From Friends
If you do not see the Share button below a friend’s Facebook post, their profile is probably locked down. You can’t share their posts, although you can ask a friend to change the privacy settings on a post to “Friends” to allow you and others to share the post.
How do I fix the Share button on Facebook?
Unfortunately, there’s no way to force the “Share” button to appear on posts that you mark as “Friends. That’s just the way it’s going to be from now on. But that being said, if you really want as many Facebook users as possible to see a given post you can always change its privacy level to “Public”.
How do you share a post on Facebook when there is no share button?
The way around this, is to click the pull-down menu on the top right hand corner of the post. There you will see an option to “save post”. Once you have saved this post, you can click on the link to your saved posts and there you will have the option to share the post to your timeline.
Is it better to share or repost on Facebook?
Clicking “Share” on someone’s Facebook status is a lot easier than copying, pasting and formatting — but the share button has limitations. … According to Facebook, if someone’s setting says the post can only be seen by their friends, then sharing the post will only show the content to your mutual friends.
How do I enable share option on Facebook?
To activate this feature:
In the left sidebar scroll down and click on “settings”: In the settings page scroll down to find “Connect With Facebook”. Select the Enable Facebook Share Functionality box. You will then be given the option to edit the text that appears.
How do you make a post shareable on Facebook after it’s been posted?
If you want to make a previous post shareable, after locating the post, select the ellipsis icon (•••) on the right side of the post and choose “Edit Post.” Select the first drop-down menu below your name (labeled “Friends”) and choose “Public” on the new page.
What is the difference between send and share on Facebook?
“Share Post Now (Friends)” refers to sharing on your own Timeline. “Share…” gives you options to share on a friend’s Timeline, in a group, or on a Page you manage. “Send a Message” refers to sharing in a private message.
How do I make my post shareable?
How to allow people to share your post on Facebook on a mobile device
- Find the post you want to make shareable and tap the three dots in the upper right corner. …
- In the pop-up menu, tap “Edit Privacy.” …
- In the “Privacy” menu, tap the checkbox next to “Public,” then tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the screen.
How do I change share settings on Facebook?
How to Change the Facebook Share Setting for Previously Shared Content
- Visit your personal timeline and click the Activity Log button directly below your cover photo. …
- Find the status update for which you want to change the sharing preference. …
- Click the share icon and choose a sharing option from the list.