How do I share files between two users on the same computer Mac?
Use a drop box to share a file with another user of your Mac
- In the Finder on your Mac, choose Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Users/[username]/Public, then click Go.
- Drag the item (or a copy of it) into the Drop Box folder.
How do I transfer files from one Mac account to another?
Use Migration Assistant
- Open Migration Assistant, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder. Then click Continue.
- When asked how you want to transfer your information, select the option to transfer from a Mac, Time Machine backup, or startup disk. Then click Continue.
How do I share files between two users?
Share an item on your network
- Open File Explorer and find the item you’d like to share.
- Right-click on the item, then click Give access to > Choose a name or click Specific people.
- Click the drop-down to choose someone to share the item with: …
- When you’ve chosen the user or group to share with, click Add.
How do I access other users files on my Mac?
To access the Shared folder, simply open the Finder and select the Go menu, then select Go to folder… (or type command-shift-G). Then type /Users and hit return. You should be staring at the list of user folders on your Mac, with a Shared folder there as well.
How do you transfer files from one user to another on the same computer?
- Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select Control Panel.
- Select System and Security and then System.
- Click Advanced System Settings.
- Under User Profiles, click Settings.
- Select the profile you want to copy.
- Click Copy to, and then enter the name of, or browse to, the profile you want to overwrite.
How do you switch Users on a Mac?
Switch accounts using the menu bar
- On your Mac, click the fast user switching menu in the menu bar, then choose your user name. …
- Enter your password, then press Return.
What is the relocated folder on Mac?
What is the Relocated Items folder? The Relocated Items folder appears on the desktop when certain files are incompatible with a macOS update.
What is the shared folder on my Mac?
The “Shared Folders” feature allows other users to securely copy digital files from your computer’s hard drive. Remove the shared folders if you no longer want to offer the files for other computers. Clear the shared folders as soon as they are transferred to the other computer to ensure other users cannot access them.
What cable do I need to transfer data from one Mac to another?
To transfer your data over Ethernet, use an adapter (available separately) to connect the Ethernet cable to your MacBook Pro. Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to your other computer (you might need another adapter, if your computer doesn’t have an Ethernet port).
How do I transfer apps from one account to another?
From the Admin/Owner account, go to Settings > Users > (user name) > Apps, click the little cog next to the restricted account, and you will see all apps permissions. You can give access to whichever app you like.
How do I share a program with another user Windows 10?
If someone else is currently using Windows 10 on the machine, and you want to use it, you can click the Start button, click the icon representing the current user’s account midway down on the left side of the Start menu, then click the account to which you want to switch and type in the password.
How do I access files from a different user?
If you need to move or transfer files from one user account to another, the simplest way would be to log in with an administrator account, and cut-paste the files from one user account to the personal folders of the other user account. If you do not have access to an admin account, ask your administrator to do it.
Can guest account access my files Mac?
When the guest account feature is active, any guest to your home or your office can sit down at this Mac and click on Guest on the login screen to be able to use the computer. … And unless you check the option to allow them to connect to shared folders, they will have no access to any of the files on the computer.
Why do I not have permission to access file Mac?
If you don’t have permission to open a file or folder, you may be able to change the permissions settings. On your Mac, select the item, then choose File > Get Info, or press Command-I. Click the arrow next to Sharing & Permissions to expand the section.