How do I access a shared folder?
Double-click the name of the computer from which the folder you want to open is being shared. Select a folder. Double-click the folder you want to open. Enter a username and password if prompted.
How do I access a shared company folder from home?
Open Windows Explorer. In the navigation pane on the left, click the small arrow to the left of Libraries, HomeGroup, Computer, or Network. The menu expands so that you can access any shared files, folders, disks, or devices. Double-click the object you would like to access.
How do I access a shared folder on a different network?
Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
Why can’t I access a shared folder?
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
How do I access a shared drive remotely?
From the “Go” menu, select “Connect to Server…”. In the “Server Address” field, enter the IP address of the remote computer with the shares you want to access. If Windows is installed on the remote computer, add smb:// in front of the IP address. Click “Connect”.
How do I access a shared folder on my iPhone?
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Files app.
- In the Browse tab, go to Locations, then tap iCloud Drive.
- Tap Select, then tap the folder you wish to share.
- Tap Share , then tap Add People . You may need to swipe up.
- Tap Share Options to edit who can access the folder and the permissions.
How do I access a shared folder by IP address?
- In the search box in the Windows taskbar, enter two backslashes followed by the IP address of the computer with the shares you want to access (for example \192.168. …
- Press Enter. …
- If you want to configure a folder as a network drive, right-click it and select “Map network drive…” from the context menu.
How do I access a folder on a different server?
You start with the Add a folder task on the STORAGE page. Fill in the name of the server folder, and then click Browse . If there are other servers in the same domain, those servers will be found and listed in the tree view. You could expand the node and find the folder that you want to share.
How can you access a shared folder from a remote computer name at least three methods?
3 ways to view your shared folders in Windows (all versions)
- View your shared folders using File Explorer or Windows Explorer (in all Windows versions) …
- View your shared folders using Computer Management (in all Windows versions) …
- View your shared folders using Command Prompt or PowerShell (in all Windows versions)