How do I archive emails in a shared mailbox?
Archive a Shared Mailbox Exchange Online
- Enable In-Place archiving for the shared folder.
- Use the default retention policy or assign a new retention policy.
- Either wait 7 days for the Managed Folder Assistant to run which will kick off the archive.
Does shared mailbox have online archive?
If you want to enable In-Place Archive, In-Place Hold, or Litigation Hold on a Shared Mailbox, an Exchange Online Plan 2 or an Exchange Online Plan 1 with Exchange Online Archiving license is required. Storing emails in Shared Mailboxes does not give you an independent second copy of emails.
Can you archive a shared mailbox in Office 365?
Yes, you can create a archive mailbox for the shared mailbox.
How do I enable archive mailbox?
Enable an archive mailbox
- Go to Recipients > Mailboxes.
- Select a mailbox.
- In the details pane, under In-Place Archive, click Enable. …
- On the Create In-Place Archive page, click OK to have Exchange automatically select a mailbox database for the archive or click Browse to specify one.
What happens to archive when converting to shared mailbox?
If you convert to a shared mailbox, you lose the archive. An alternate suggestion would be to convert the mailbox into an “inactive mailbox” which is an enterprise level option relating to litigation hold. This allows you to retain the information forever – and release the license.
How do I export a PST from a shared mailbox?
Go to Content Search again, click Refresh and select your created search. In the Mailbox PST Backup window, click More>Export results. In the Export Results window, select the desired options and click Export. The export process is started.
How do I give someone access to online archive?
Exchange 365 archive folder grant permissions
- Go to https://protection.office.com.
- Sign in using your work or school account.
- In the left pane of the Security & Compliance Center, click Information governance > Archive. …
- In the list of mailboxes, select the user that you want to enable the archive mailbox for.
Are shared mailboxes backed up?
A shared mailbox is backed up like a Microsoft user account. This means that in the configuration window you must select Mail in the advanced Exchange backup settings, and then add the shared mailbox either by selecting it from the user list or by selecting an AD group which includes it.
Can we enable litigation hold for shared mailbox?
So you may face the situation when you need to add litigation hold to a mailbox to ensure data retention—but unfortunately, you need to have Exchange licenses to add this litigation hold, so you can’t convert to a shared mailbox in these situations.
What is mailbox type user archive?
The archive mailbox is an additional mailbox that’s enabled for a user’s primary mailbox. The archive mailbox is accessible in Outlook and Outlook on the web (formerly known as Outlook Web App). Users can view an archive mailbox and move or copy messages between their primary mailbox and their archive mailbox.
What is the default MRM policy?
Exchange Setup creates a retention policy called Default MRM Policy. This policy has a default policy tag (DPT) assigned that moves items to the archive mailbox after two years. The policy also includes a number of personal tags that users can apply to folders or mailbox items to automatically move or delete messages.
What are shared mailboxes?
A shared mailbox is a mailbox that multiple users can use to read and send e-mail messages. Shared mailboxes can also be used to provide a common calendar, allowing multiple users to schedule and view calendar tasks.
Can’t enable archiving synchronized mailbox?
Please follow the steps to see if the issue can be resolved:
- Go to your local AD and start ADSIEDIT. …
- Edit msExchRemoteRecipientType for the user with value 3.
- Run a manual AAD Connect to have the change synced to cloud. …
- The online archive should be provisioned in less than 24 hours.
Does online archive reduce mailbox size?
pst files into the archive called Online Archive – “Your Email Address”, for easy online access. Users can also move email items from the primary mailbox to the archive mailbox automatically, using Archive Polices, to reduce the size and improve the performance of the primary mailbox.
How do I enable remote mailbox?
This cmdlet is available only in on-premises Exchange. Use the Enable-RemoteMailbox cmdlet to create a mailbox in the cloud-based service for an existing user in the on-premises Active Directory.