How do I view a shared folder?
The easiest way to find a list of network shared folders is to use File Explorer (Windows 10) or Windows Explorer (Windows 8 and Windows 7). Open Windows File Explorer, go to the Folders pane and select Network. Select the computer that has the shared folders you want to browse.
How do I accept a shared folder?
Note: Member or invitee is assumed to be logged into their own cloudHQ account.
- Go to the Share tab.
- Click the dropdown of the shared folder with “Waiting for your response”:
- Click “Accept” from the shared folder:
- After accepting the share, please proceed to sync the shared folder with the cloud service of your choice.
How do I access a shared folder on a different network?
Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
How do I access a shared folder by IP address?
- In the search box in the Windows taskbar, enter two backslashes followed by the IP address of the computer with the shares you want to access (for example \192.168. …
- Press Enter. …
- If you want to configure a folder as a network drive, right-click it and select “Map network drive…” from the context menu.
Does a shared folder take up space?
A folder that is shared with you by another person or organization does not take up space in your account. Only the files and folders that you own (the ones that you have created in Drive or uploaded to Drive yourself) count against your Drive storage quota.
How do I sync a shared folder?
Share a folder from your phone or tablet:
- Install the Sync mobile app on your mobile device.
- Open the Sync mobile app.
- Tap the (ellipsis) icon beside the folder you want to share, to open the file menu.
- Tap Create shared folder (or Manage shared folder option if the folder has already been shared).
- Tap Add a user +
How do I accept a shared album invite?
How to accept a shared album invite
- Go to your Photos app.
- Tap the For You tab. The invite should appear at the top of the list.
- Tap Accept.
Why can’t I see shared folders on my network?
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
How do I access a folder on a different server?
You start with the Add a folder task on the STORAGE page. Fill in the name of the server folder, and then click Browse . If there are other servers in the same domain, those servers will be found and listed in the tree view. You could expand the node and find the folder that you want to share.
How do I create a shared folder on my server?
Creating a shared folder on a computer running Windows/Confirming a computer’s information
- Create a folder, just as you would create a normal folder, in a location of your choice on the computer.
- Right-click the folder, and then click [Sharing and Security].
- On the [Sharing] tab, select [Share this folder].