How do I share files between Mac and PC over WiFi?
Share Files from Mac to PC
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences -> Sharing -> File Sharing. Click on “Options”, and select “Share files and folders using SMB“. …
- Also, press Option and click on the WiFi icon on your menu bar, which will display the IP Address of your Mac. …
- On your PC, press Windows + R, to access the Run.
How do I share a folder between Windows 10 and Mac?
To share a folder, right-click the folder’s icon, then choose “Share with.” Choose “Specific people,” then follow the onscreen instructions. You may need to disable the Internet Connection Firewall in the Advanced pane of the device’s properties.
How do I network my Mac and PC?
Connect to a Windows computer from a Mac
- In the Finder on your Mac, choose Go > Connect to Server, then click Browse.
- Find the computer’s name in the Shared section of the Finder sidebar, then click it to connect. …
- When you locate the shared computer or server, select it, then click Connect As.
How do I share files between Mac and PC via Bluetooth?
On your Mac, click the Bluetooth status icon in the menu bar, select a device, then choose Send File to Device. If you don’t see the Bluetooth status icon, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Bluetooth, then select “Show Bluetooth in menu bar.” Select a file, then click Send.
How do I transfer files from Mac to PC via USB?
Transferring Data From a Mac to PC via an External Hard Drive
- Connect the external hard drive to your Mac using its included USB cable. …
- Double-click the external hard drive’s icon that appears on your Mac desktop.
- Drag and drop the files and folders you want to transfer into the hard drive’s window.
How do I share a folder between Mac and Windows?
To let users connect to your Mac from a Windows computer, turn on file sharing and enable SMB sharing.
Share Mac files with Windows users
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sharing. …
- Select the File Sharing checkbox, then click Options.
- Select “Share files and folders using SMB.”
How do I share files from Mac to Windows?
Set up file sharing on the Mac
Select the File Sharing tickbox, then click Options. Select “Share files and folders using SMB”. In the Windows File Sharing list, select the tickbox next to the user account that will be used to share files with Windows users, enter the password for that user, then click OK. Click Done.
How do I connect my Mac to Windows 10?
On the Windows computer, open File Explorer, click Network, and locate the Mac you want to connect to. Double-click the Mac, then enter the account name and password for the user account. It may take a moment for the Windows computer to show that the Mac is on the network.
How do I transfer files from Mac to Windows 10 over network?
Here’s how to connect to your Windows PC from a Mac and copy files to (and from) each machine.
- Make sure both your Windows 10 machine and your Mac are connected to the same network.
- Click Cortana in Windows 10 and enter “Command Prompt”. …
- Enter ipconfig and press Return.
- Locate your IP address. …
- Now jump over to your Mac.
How do I transfer files from Windows to Mac wirelessly?
In this article
- 1Connect the Mac and PC to the same network.
- 2Enable file sharing on the PC.
- 3Make the files and folders you want to transfer sharable.
- 4Access the shared folders from your Mac.
- 5Move the files.
How do I share files on Windows 10?
File sharing over a network in Windows 10
- Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people.
- Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.
How do you use a Mac as a second monitor to a PC?
Turn on both the iMac and the PC, then hold Cmd + F2 or Cmd + Fn + F2 on the iMac keyboard to trigger Target Display Mode. In a few seconds, you should be able to see the screen of your PC mirrored on the iMac.
How do I AirDrop from Mac to PC?
How to turn on AirDrop discovery on a Mac and share files from a Finder window
- Open Finder. Choose Go > AirDrop from the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- An AirDrop finder window will open. …
- Wait a moment for nearby devices to appear. …
- Drag files you want to share into the AirDrop window to share them instantly.
Can you use a PC monitor on a Mac?
You can attach a second monitor to your Mac to increase the viewing area for your computer. The mini displayport included on your computer allows you to export the video from the graphics card to external displays. Your Mac can work with any monitor with a DVI or VGA connection even if the display came from an old PC.