How do I share a contact group with another person in Outlook?
You can share any of these folders by doing the following:
- In Contacts, in the Navigation Pane, under My Contacts, click the contact folder that you want to share.
- On the Home tab, in the Share group, click Share Contacts.
- In the To box, enter the name of the recipient for the sharing invitation message.
How do you share a distribution list in Outlook 2016?
Open the e-mail message. Click and drag the attached group/distribution list to your Contacts/People folder. Once that is done move back to your Contacts folder and verify it is there (within alphabetical order). You are now able to use the distribution list just as if it were one that you had created.
Can you share a contact list in Outlook 365?
Outlook 365 desktop
In the People window, click the contact folder that you want to share. You should be able to share any contacts folder. On the Home tab, click Share Contacts in the Share group (Figure A). … In the resulting invitation, enter the address you want to share your contacts with in the To field.
How do you create a distribution list in Outlook?
Creating a Distribution List
- Choose File –> New –> Distribution List (or press Ctrl+Shift+L). …
- Type the name that you want to assign to your Distribution List. …
- Click the Select Members button. …
- Double-click the name of each person that you want to add to your Distribution List. …
- When you’re done picking names, click OK.
How do I copy a distribution list in Outlook?
Open an email that was sent to the people you want to include in the contact group. In the To or Cc box, highlight all the names with your mouse. Right-click your selection, and then click Copy, or press Ctrl+C.
What is the difference between a contact group and a distribution list?
Contact groups are used to organize your account-wide Address Book. Distribution lists allow you to segment your audience for eMarketing campaigns. People can subscribe to a distribution list, but not a contact group.
What is the difference between a distribution list and a group in Outlook?
Both Office 365 groups and distribution lists can be used to send emails. Use a distribution list if you only need to send emails. If you need additional collaboration features, use the groups.
How do I add someone to a distribution list in Outlook 365?
On the Groups page, select the name of the group you want to add a contact to. On the Members tab, select View all and manage members. On the View Members page, select Add members, and select the user or contact you want to add to the distribution group. Select Save and then Close.