If you don’t see the From field at the top of your message, choose Options > From. Click From in the message, and change to the shared email address. If you don’t see your shared email address, choose Other email address and then type in the shared email address. Choose OK.
Why is a shared mailbox not showing in Outlook?
If your administrator has only recently provided you access to a shared mailbox, it may take a short time before the shared mailbox automatically appears in your Outlook profile. If the shared mailbox does not automatically display in Outlook, you may need to restart Outlook to see the shared mailbox.
How do I view a shared mailbox in Outlook?
Open the shared mailbox in a separate browser window
- Sign in to your account in Outlook on the web.
- On the Outlook on the web navigation bar, click your name. A list appears.
- Click Open another mailbox.
- Type the email address of the other mailbox that you want to open, and then click Open.
How long does a shared mailbox take to appear?
It can take about 15 minutes for the shared mailbox to be available for all users.
How do I access a shared mailbox?
How to Detect Who Was Accessing Shared Mailbox in Office 365
- Open Exchange Administration Center → Navigate to “Compliance Management” Auditing.
- Click “Run a non-owner mailbox access report”. …
- To view non-owner access to a specific mailbox Click on a mailbox to view all non-owner access events with the details.
How do I keep a shared calendar open in Outlook?
- Go to your calendar view and select all the calendars you want opened on the next session.
- Then go to “File” then “Options” in Outlook.
- Go “Advanced” then to the “Outlook start and exit” section.
- Click “Browse”
- Select “Inbox” and click “Ok”.
- Click “Ok” again.
- Close Outlook and re-open it.
How do I update a shared mailbox in Outlook?
Add an additional shared mailbox in Outlook
- Select your profile and click on Change.
- Click on More Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click Add.
- Type the email address or name of the shared mailbox, then click OK.
- Once configured, the shared mailbox will be automatically available in the left folder pane in Outlook.
What is a shared mailbox in Outlook?
A shared mailbox is a mailbox that multiple users can use to read and send e-mail messages. … To use this type of resource mailbox requires all accessing users have active and forwarded Exchange accounts, and are using Outlook or OWA as their e-mail client 6.
How do I add a shared mailbox in Outlook 365?
Add a Shared Email Mailbox Through Outlook 365 Desktop
- Log into your computer as yourself and start the Outlook Desktop app.
- Choose the File tab on the ribbon.
- Under Account Information click Add Account.
- In the window that opens, type the email address of the mailbox you want to add and click Connect.
How do I invite someone to a shared mailbox?
- In Outlook click on “File“
- Select “Account Settings” -> Account Settings.
- Under the Email tab click on Change, then More Settings.
- go to “Advanced“
- Click “Add“
- Type in NAMEOFTHESHAREDMAILBOX.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply and OK to complete adding the shared mailbox.
Does a shared mailbox need a license?
To access a shared mailbox, a user must have an Exchange Online license, but the shared mailbox doesn’t require a separate license. Every shared mailbox has a corresponding user account. … Without a license, shared mailboxes are limited to 50 GB.