Go to recipients > shared. Now, open the properties of the shared mailbox by double-clicking it and assign permission to users. After assigning permission click save. In this way you can convert a user mailbox to shared mailbox.
How do I move an Exchange mailbox to a shared mailbox?
Use the Exchange admin center to convert a mailbox
- Go to the Exchange admin center.
- Select Recipients > Mailboxes.
- Select the user mailbox. Under Convert to Shared Mailbox, select Convert.
- If the mailbox is smaller than 50 GB, you can remove the license from the user, and stop paying for it.
How do I create a shared mailbox in Exchange 2010?
Step 1: Create the mailbox
- In the Exchange Management Console, expand the ‘Recipient Configuration’ node, and then select the ‘Mailbox’ node.
- From the actions pane select ‘New Mailbox’
- With ‘User Mailbox’ selected, click ‘Next’
- With ‘New user’ selected, click ‘Next’
- Enter the required information. …
- Click ‘Next’
How do I convert a mailbox to a shared mailbox in PowerShell?
Use the Set-Mailbox PowerShell command to convert your Office 365 mailbox to a shared mailbox.
Mailbox Conversion Using PowerShell
- $UserCredential = Get-Credential.
- Import-PSSession $Session -DisableNameChecking.
- Set-Mailbox email@example.com -Type Shared.
- Remove-PSSession $Session.
How do I convert a user mailbox to a distribution group?
1. sign into portal (https://portal.office.com) with your office 365 admin account. navigate to admin – users – active users, double click the shared mailbox, under details – user name, change the address to a different one. click save at last.
How do I license a shared mailbox?
Go to the Exchange Admin center > Recipients > shared > Click on Edit > mailbox features > choose a retention policy and then enable litigation hold. Go Office 365 Admin Center > Active Users > choose unlicensed > select the specific shared mailbox to give it a license.
Does a shared mailbox require a license?
To access a shared mailbox, a user must have an Exchange Online license, but the shared mailbox doesn’t require a separate license. Every shared mailbox has a corresponding user account. … Without a license, shared mailboxes are limited to 50 GB.
How do I view a shared mailbox in Exchange 2010?
Just navigate to Recipients > Shared mailboxes to view all the management tasks for shared mailboxes.
What is the difference between distribution list and shared mailbox?
A distribution group is a collection of two or more people that appears in your organization’s address book. When an email message is sent to a distribution group, it goes to all members of the group. While, a shared mailbox is a mailbox that multiple users can use to read and send email messages.
How do I move a mailbox to a shared mailbox in Exchange 2013?
For converting the mailboxes using Admin canter, first of all Open the EAC in your browser. Inside it, navigate to the Recipients tab at the left of the window & select any of the mailbox among the list. Thereafter, click on the option “Convert to Shared Mailboxes” at the right of the Window.
What are shared mailboxes?
A shared mailbox is a mailbox that multiple users can use to read and send e-mail messages. Shared mailboxes can also be used to provide a common calendar, allowing multiple users to schedule and view calendar tasks.
How do I enable remote mailbox?
This cmdlet is available only in on-premises Exchange. Use the Enable-RemoteMailbox cmdlet to create a mailbox in the cloud-based service for an existing user in the on-premises Active Directory.